Project Control Specialist (Greenbelt, MD)
The Schedule Manager works with the program office and task teams to capture and maintain their work plans in an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) in MS Project. They work with teams to create a hierarchical schedule that is resourced loaded and fully networked allowing various analysis including critical path. The successful candidate will:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for all activities across the program.
• Coordinate with project teams to gather all levels of project plans and schedules; integrate schedules into server and manage dependencies across multiple schedules.
• Coordinate with all technical and functional disciplines to ensure plans and schedule are comprehensive and accurate, encompassing defined requirements and scope.
• Facilitate meetings with senior level program staff, making recommendations and putting plans into action
• Participate in program activities related to the preparation and communication of Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Participate in project planning and risk reporting; control and track changes to the schedule baseline.
• Review, compare, and analyze schedule performance against baseline program plans.
• Provide schedule performance visibility to program management through metrics, reports, and briefings.
• Forecast performance and perform risk analysis of schedules, and provide management with an understanding of the current schedule, risks, opportunities, and recommended actions to address variance and predict future performance.
• Communicate and report summaries of program schedule.
• Familiarity of scheduling best practices and ability to implement best practices in a dynamic environment.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends and technology to advise management of recommended improvements to processes and tools
• Identify and manage anticipated resistance
• Support training and communication efforts
• Support and engage senior leaders
• Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
• Coordinate efforts with other specialists
• Define and measure success metrics and monitor schedule process. Define, analyze, and present appropriate metrics as part of the continual service improvement lifecycle.
Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• At least three (3) years of leading schedule management activities on a large IT Program (~200+ project personnel).
• Experience posting schedule management information on project portals that contain project information and document repositories.
• Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle including Agile.
• Tools/Technology Experience: Advanced knowledge developing, implementing, and maintaining schedules in MS Project. Advanced knowledge in defining and administering a risk management program. Microsoft Project and Project Server proficiency to include schedule planning, schedule development, and schedule analysis.
• Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
• Team Work: Able to enthuse and maintain team interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a team toward a common vision or goal.
• Leadership: Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges. Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
• Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
• Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
• Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
• Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.