Senior Systems Administration
The Systems Administrator will handle account management, Hardware and Software technical support, troubleshooting, and ensuring the overall health of the network supported in a Windows based environment. Provides technical support and documentation from change request concept and design through development and integration for deployment in large complex IT systems. EPA’s Secure Telecommunication Center (STC) is an important function to provide secure communication and other secure services to the HQ staff as well as visitors from other EPA Regions and field offices. Timely support and availability of STC services is critical for EPA to meet its secure communication requirement.
Selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Experience working with and managing have current access/account to the HSDN and C-LAN, fully knowledgeable of the HSDN and C-LAN infrastructure, technology, classified usage policy, folder structure (e.g., HSDN’s Automated Message Handling System and the White House’s EWASH fax utility).
• Experience working on network and computing environments/systems
• Familiarity with virtualization, particularly VMware/ESXi
• Data and application backups, Information Systems disaster recovery efforts, and Information Systems vulnerability scanning and mitigation.
• Technical documentation (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Provide hardware and software design, installation, configuration, and testing.
• Research and update client management team on technologies and strategies to achieve the highest level of network efficiency.
• Aid engineering staff with Hardware, software, and project specific system support.
• Provide input, response, and completion when applicable to Information Systems data-call audits.
• Provide updates and input on any agency overall to Information Systems efforts.
• Work closely with client Property Accountability Officer for logistics management and input as well as the DoD Information System Security Officer.
• Attend onsite/offsite meetings to include teleconferences (travel may be required)
• Support Information System Security Manager as the Information Security Officer, maintain stand-alone, classified, information system administration
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.