Cloud / AWS Engineer
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Cloud / Amazon Web Services (AWS) Engineer to join a highly skilled team solving real-world problems. As a center of excellence, we strive to provide engaging careers and a collaborative culture to enhance the lives of our employees and develop a thriving workplace. We offer flexible career paths, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits. Position requires US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Position will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining DevOps and cloud solutions for various projects. The engineer will be a key contributor of our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. The position will be responsible to collaborate closely with internal Leidos software development teams and customers to develop the best approaches for deploying and maintaining applications in a cost-effective, repeatable, secure, scalable, and maintainable way. Primary responsibilities include:
- Architect and implement deployment solutions for various projects and deployment environments
- Provide guidance and expertise on DevOps and cloud technologies to development teams and customers
- Design and implement full-stack, in-house solutions to streamline the process of deploying and monitoring applications
- Be devoted to knowing the latest trends and solutions to DevOps problems
- Leverage open-source code to compliment in-house solutions
- Respond to customer requests and incidents
- Must have US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Requires BS degree in relevant field and 4-8 years of DevOps experience.
- Experience with at least one high level programming language (i.e. Java/C#)
Additional experience in one or more of the following:
- Build & CI automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Scripting languages (e.g. bash, python, Go)
- Network design & troubleshooting
- Linux system administration
- Infrastructure as a Service (e.g. Amazon Web Services - certification preferred)
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. AWS CloudFormation)
- Team collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Source code management tools & artifact management (e.g. git / BitBucket)
- Communicating problems and solutions clearly and concisely
- Experience working with stakeholders to refine requirements in an agile environment
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.