Sr Electrical Engineer FAA Infrastructure
Senior Electrical Engineer/FAA Des Moines WA
Leidos is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to support our FAA customer at the facility in Des Moines, WA. The electrical engineer will be expected to provide engineering support for new and existing electrical /power systems, and conduct and/or provide oversight for Arc Flash studies of varying size and complexity.
• Provide engineering support to the FAA Infrastructure Engineering Center in Des Moines, WA.
• Perform planning, design, and evaluation of new and existing electrical / power systems across a wide range of facilities and associated equipment.
• Develop new FAA electrical engineering packages for use in the installation of major systems, components, and equipment in a variety of differing types of facilities (e.g. ARTCC, TRACON, Towers, and Remote Facilities).
• Perform studies for power systems modeling, power flow, short circuit, protection devices coordination, arc flash and related engineering tasks including low voltage power distribution (208V, 240V and 480V).
• Additional duties will include the review of engineering and design packages involving single-line diagrams with multiple power sources in either AC or DC, and the preparation and conduct of familiarization sessions in electrical systems theory, the National Electrical Code (NEC), and FAA Grounding and Bonding standards.
• Support the FAA as a subject matter expert in Electrical Safety. Electrical engineers will be expected to complete assignments to adhere to long-term goals set by management.
• Typically Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer, or related discipline, with 8-12 years of professional experience; or 6-10 years of experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience in conducting Arc Flash Hazard Analysis using NFPA 70E and IEEE standards. Able to use Arc Flash software, such as SKM, to produce analysis reports and conduct report reviews. Must also possess experience in the most current electrical engineering principles and practices. Requires in-depth knowledge of NFPA 70E and applicable OSHA standards, working knowledge of the NEC, and demonstrated working experience on or around energized equipment in an industrial setting including proper PPE in order to ensure a safe work environment and personnel safety. Must have a thorough understanding of Arc Flash Analysis protocols and concepts.
• Must have conducted Arc Flash Analysis (from conception to execution) and provided direct supervisory oversight of the project.
• Professional Engineer PE in Electrical Engineering and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) knowledge and experience is highly desired. Experience in Electrical Safety and knowledge of associated safety standards (OSHA, NFPA 70E, ASTM). Exhibit excellent communication skills to be used in responding to electrical safety questions and performing program presentations.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.