Data Center Operations Technician
Leidos is looking for a cloud Data Center Operations Technician to support our leading cloud services provider. The role will support cloud infrastructure and operations in San Antonio, TX. This program is a performance based contract that provides the full scope of IT Infrastructure support services to our customer.
- The successful candidate will provide end-to-end data center IT support services including data center hardware break/fix/move/add/change, data center server staging and deployment activities, and logistical/asset management support.
- The candidate will be highly-skilled and experienced in all aspects of critical data center support services. Emphasis will be placed on task ownership, accountability and a commitment to end-to-end delivery of data center support operations.
- The candidate will contribute to the implementation of standardized data center IT and logistics support methodologies.
- He/She will maintain strict adherence to customer safety and security policies, procedures, and processes to ensure 100% compliance.
- He/She will create positive outcomes for partners and customers in critical build out, sustainment and outage situations, evaluate support risks and implement new features.
- Position is expansive and additional responsibilities can be added.
- Experience in Windows servers, domain servers, and server application support (VMs and physical servers).
- Experience in Windows Server 2012 and Enterprise Active Directory environment or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of enterprise networks including load balancers, routers, and switches.
- Experience with Microsoft group and security policy design and implementation.
- Experience with command lines.
- Familiarity with scripting (PowerShell a plus).
- Experience resolving interoperability problems across platforms and sites.
- Combine outstanding customer support capabilities with development and debugging expertise.
- Process/detail oriented, working with formal standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of configuration management methodologies and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong and effective customer service skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must have active TS security clearance.
- Ability to up-level to a SCI and pass a polygraph.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to clear a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screen.
- Ability to pass 3rd party cloud screening background check.
- 2+ years of experience diagnosing faults in complex services.
- Ability to identify and propose appropriately scoped solutions to repeat problems and inefficiencies.
- Experience developing or debugging in a services environment.
- Working knowledge of deep debugging tools like WinDBG.
- Ability to identify trends and drive key metrics.
- Ability to make correct data-driven judgments.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines for operational deliverables.
- Experience with technical domain concepts in virtual cloud environments.
- Exposure to cloud services, large datacenters, and remotely administered environments.
- Working knowledge of enterprise routing protocols and IP subnetting including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot using Windows Server logs, SCOM monitoring, and network analysis tools such as netmon and wireshark.
- Outage and system recovery experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.