Leidos Cyber currently has an opening for a System Administrator to work at our Valley Forge, PA location with the ability to work from home part time. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
This individual will be responsible for managing system administration support activities for a large complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails developing solutions for system engineering requests to meet operational needs as well as deploying and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment. The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple air-gapped systems which have individual domains and supporting infrastructure and managing a complex IT environment with multiple logins and associated supporting storage and network infrastructure. Position requires an energetic, focused, and driven candidate who can adapt well to a changing environment. Ideally, the selected candidate will possess networking skills or must have the ability to learn and complete various network-centric undertakings.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This individual will be responsible for installing and administrating systems, applications, and processes and ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. He/she will be responsible for ensuring server and desktop configuration configurations are optimized and running continuously and efficiently, and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Linux and Microsoft-based servers, workstations and hyper-converged virtual environments. Advanced mission critical network security solutions, multiple SIEM technologies and several advanced threat detection platforms using COTS products, custom developed and open source packages are heavily deployed.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining complex server enclaves, including establishing system scanning procedures, vulnerability management assessments, and active directory configurations.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and leading IT optimization projects.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems and developing re-work solutions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of complex server/network environments to ensure that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available for incident resolution.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to provide technical solutions for varied internal and external system administrators and Engineering groups.
- Communicating with users and external support personnel regarding system outages and upgrades, and conferring with upper management regarding recommended resolution options.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.
- In-depth Understanding of Red Hat 6.x and Red Hat 7 required.
- Familiarity with Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Server 2016 required.
- Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must have experience providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Must have experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master’s Degree in a related technical field.
- Preferred certifications CCNA Security, RHCE, MCSE.
- CCNA, Network +.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards.
- Experience with High Assurance platforms.
- Experience with application integration testing methods.
- Experience with software deployment methods for applications, patches, and operating systems.
- Experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, STIG, NIST-800-53r4, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
- Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.