Cyber Security Support Specialist
The candidate will access the effectiveness of security controls that have been implemented in the networks, enclaves, systems, and tools utilized at the JIOWC. Assessment of security controls accomplished through security assessments during the assessment and authorization of the networks, enclaves, systems, and tools and as part of continuous monitoring.
- Advise, assist, and facilitate the JIOWC's ISSO efforts in developing packages in the DoD Cybersecurity program management tools as well as input into the appropriate investment portfolio system.
- Advise, assist and facilitate the JIOWC's ISSO efforts in authoring, editing, and/or updating System Security Plans (SSPs) as required.
- Advise, assist, and facilitate the JIOWC's ISSO efforts in authoring, editing, and/or updating system documentation as required (e.g. DISA Commercial Internet Service Provider (ISP) waivers).
- Maintain the JIOWC Software License Management program in support of the JIOWC's IT Acquisition, Finance ad Requirements Manager to ensure the JIOWC remains complant with all software rules and regulations.
- Advise, assist, and facilitate the JIOWC's ISSO incident response team with response management, reporting, evaluation, data recovery efforts, audits, and problem resolution as required.
- Provide training to security staff on all cybersecurity policies and processes as required.
- Participate in conferences, technical interchange meetings, and user group meetings as a representative of the JIOWC.
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable of standards for all networks that JIOWC operates so that it's ensured all products submitted for publication are site compatible and meet federal, DoD, AF, JIOWC and Intelink (JWICS, SIPRNET, and NIPRNET) standards
- Possess knowledge of DoD TEMPEST regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of and training in the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization process.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with Cybersecurity Incident Response and management.
Currently possess and maintain an Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level 2 certification per DoD 8570.01-M, and Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.
*External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.