Customer Support Agent Tier 1
The Service Desk Agent is the first point of contact for the users who call the IT Service Desk. While providing a high level of customer service, the Service Desk Agent answers incoming calls, records key, pertinent information into the support ticketing system and uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to resolve tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. The Service Desk Agent escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the correct, designated tier 2 and 3 support teams. The Service Desk agent’s primary role is troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems as well as providing basic desktop support to users’ agency provided workstations.
General duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Primary responsibility is user support and customer service, taking calls from end users requiring technical assistance via phone.
• Understand and provide advice and direction to end users in the fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and agency provided equipment and applications
• Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures and processes; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the ticketing application
• Adhere to all service desk policies and processes in supporting users
• Other duties, as required, to support user groups during IT transitions and upgrade projects
Specific Tasks and Duties
• Deal with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk
• Take ownership and responsibility of an issues from start through to a successful resolution
• Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
• Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as Service Desk related processes and procedures
• Maintain adequate and increasing knowledge of operating systems and application software in order to provide a high level of support
• Maintain and consistently demonstrate a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
• Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests
• Maintain individual performance based service levels
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1 – 3 years of prior relevant experience.
• Friendly, empathic presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex technical concepts
• Ability to utilize the applications of Microsoft Office for support, reporting and documentation
• Intermediate knowledge of IT systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience
• Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Ability to think through problems and follow regimented processes to achieve resolution
• Ability to work well in a team oriented environment with direct supervision
Requires US Citizen or US Person(Green Card) Status with the ability to pass a minimum background investigation for a low to moderate VA clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.