The Leidos Health Products & Service Group has an opening for an Agile Product Owner with experience in the commercial healthcare or related industry to support the design, integration, testing and delivery of the Leidos healthcare enterprise platform.
This position will preferably be based out of our office in Reston, VA or Columbia, MD
The Agile Software Product Owner is responsible for all aspects of the software product, including new features, modifications, feature roadmap, understanding the industry, market, customer utilization and benefit. Responsibilities include leading the product support team’s execution and delivery of software releases within an agile software development life cycle process. This position understands and coordinates feature backlog for releases for the platform -- and their dependencies on each other. Lead the translation of software features into technical requirements (user stories) and follow Agile Scrum based Software development. Work with Product Management Team to define software release plan and scope with internal partners and act as single voice on product software releases to assure engineering deliverables are meeting the needs of the business
- Lead and manage backlog grooming sessions and drive solutions to completion working with Agile teams
- Work with program leads and technical leads to clarify acceptance criteria,
- Work with Scrum Masters to identify and resolve impediments and remove blockers
- Work with functional leads on staffing needs and resource management
- Implement processes, practices and tools allow for multiple paths of delivery, creating simplified, consistent, reusable, efficient and flexible methodologies
- Recommend improvements and drive alignment across the engineering team
- Manage partnerships with external vendors and all customers for the product
- Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements
- Analyze and capture business requirements regarding application or business process changes needed
- Prioritize integrated requirements to ensure that requirements are complete and documented, and support development of user stories and use cases
Anticipated travel for this role is 10%, dependent upon candidate’s proximity to customer location.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 4-8 years of experience
- Master’s degree or relevant experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 2-4 years of experience
- Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with Health field related enterprise applications
- Experience with using modern mockup user experience design tools
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.