Database Management Specialist
Support the Joint Information Operations Warfare Center (JIOWC) in assisting the Department of Defense (DoD) to improve its ability to meet combatant command information-related requirements. In this position you will be providing support to maintain existing database as-well-as collaborate on the design, development, and implementation of databases to meet JIOWS's users' needs and respond to, and anticipate, technological innovations.
- Collaborate in the design, development, and implementation of databases to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations.
- Control access, monitor performance, perform capacity planning, and perform tuning to JIOWC databases identifying problem areas and recommending/taking corrective actions as required.
- Collaborate with JIOWC Webmasters to facilitate distribution of data via JIOWC websites to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations.
- Develop and implement database maintenance policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with network administrators to devise, develop and implement disaster recovery, archiving, and security procedures.
- Assure timely action and completion of information requests by JIOWC customers, delivering results within timeframe negotiated by the requestor, designated Government representative, and database manager.
- Perform database server software installations, upgrades, and patch management as required.
- Identify and resolve users' problems.
- Provide system level programming and scripting as needed.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years' experience with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server (along with ability on a limited basis to perform DBA functions on other database software such as Oracle) and the DQL Programming language with ad-hoc DQL queries, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience installing, updating, patching, and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server.
A baseline certification of IAT Level 1 per DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, Incorporating Change 4, November 10, 2015. IAT Level 1 certification establishes a baseline of validated (tested) knowledge that is relevant, recognized, and accepted across the Department of Defense.
**External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.