Web Application Developer & Maintainer
Leidos is seeking a Web Application Developer and Maintainer to work at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must already possess a current TS/SCI in order to be considered
Provide Database Management support on-site at JIOWC Headquarters to accomplish tasks. Maintain existing JIOWC databases. Collaborate in the design, development, and implementation of databases to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations. Control access, monitor performance, perform capacity planning, and perform tuning to JIOWC databases identifying problem areas and recommending/taking corrective actions. Collaborate with JIOWC Webmasters to facilitate distribution of data via JIOWC websites to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations. Develop and implement database maintenance policies and procedures. Coordinate with network administrators to devise, develop and implement disaster recovery, archiving, and security procedures. Assure timely action and completion of information requests by JIOWC customers. Perform database server software installations, upgrades, and patch management. Identify and resolve users' problems. Facilitate and negotiate the increasing demand for access to data. Provide system level programming and scripting as needed.
- Provide services for evaluation, planning, requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing, system integration testing, implementation, deploying, providing service to, providing training for, maintaining or updating JIOWC web-based applications or web-enabling a current system.
- Use JIOWC standard software development languages (i. e. Adobe Coldfusion, Microsoft. NET and COM, C#, and JAVA). Web applications shall be developed for Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and support current industry standard web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE).
- Design and develop web interfaces specific to the application using the JIOWC interface standards already in place and rapid application development principles to achieve a user-friendly interface design.
- Design and develop web based graphics (e. g. banners, icons, buttons, backgrounds, etc.) adhering to JIOWC standards and style sheets for a unified appearance.
- Use JIOWC provided development tools for graphics design (e. g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Adobe Captivate).
- Provide support to develop or update classroom curriculum and/or computer based training (CBT) materials for supported systems as required by the JIOWC.
- Perform web server software (e. g. Adobe Coldfusion, Microsoft IIS, JAVA, etc.) installation, upgrade, and patch management as required, coordinating with network administrators to minimize impact on users.
- Collaborate with JIOWC Webmasters in the design, development, and maintenance of JIOWC websites and webpages to facilitate the distribution of IO products and data in a production environment to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations.
- Monitor server resources to identify utilization/consumption trends, and projecting when resource utilization/consumption will be such that delivery of services by the servers falls below acceptable performance levels.
- Coordinate with the Database administrator on database requirements, design and develop the database schema required to meet the requirements of the application, and deploy the database in a production environment. The schema shall adhere to application specific requirements such as single user access, but viewable by many.
- Coordinate with network administrators on access security requirements required by the Intelligence Community to ensure data security and availability to all participating organizations. Access controls shall be put in place via username/password or PKI login as directed by the government to allow access by only registered users.
- Create and maintain developers guides and users guides conforming to the format provided by the JIOWC.
- Identify and resolve end users problems and concerns during the rapid application development and deployment phases of the application.
- Perform daily inspections of applicable logs to ensure web applications are functioning properly.
- Assist with certification and accreditation documentation, and assist with maintaining information assurance controls.
- Participate in conferences, technical interchange meetings, and user group meetings as a representative of the JIOWC
- Current TS/SCI security clearance on day 1
- High school degree & 7 years experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing, system integration testing, implementation, deploying, providing service to, providing training for, maintaining or updating web based applications.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with the following development software and technologies in use at the JIOWC: Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and Captivate, Microsoft. Net environment, Adobe Coldfusion Application server and Coldfusion rapid application development language, Web server software,
- Knowledge of commercial and industry-standard web-application development software including Perl, PHP, Java, XML script writing, and newer web technologies.
- Basic skills to establish effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal/external organizations to ensure timely cross-flow of information.
- An understanding of the roles and relationships of combatant commands, Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, combat support agencies and other relevant USG and DOD departments, agencies, and organizations.
- The ability to write clearly, succinctly and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- The ability to verbally express ideas in a way that is easily understood by others who are unfamiliar with the topic; including delivering a presentation, giving accurate information or acting as a spokesperson.
- The ability to ensure information is technically correct, accurate, and complete and to prepare and present briefings and accurate, comprehensive reports to appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft operating systems, a wide range of standard office automation products (e. g. Microsoft Office), and web browser applications (e. g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, et al.)
- The ability to assess and respond to urgent issues in a competent manner.
- A baseline certification of IAT Level 1 per DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, Incorporating Change 4, November 10, 2015. IAT Level 1 certification establishes a baseline of validated (tested) knowledge that is relevant, recognized, and accepted across the Department of Defense.
*External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.