Market Development Coordinator
Leidos, Inc., the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks a Market Development Coordinator. Ameren Illinois has launched a Market Development Initiative aimed at developing a best-in-class model to engage diverse and economically-challenged communities, businesses and individuals through energy efficiency investment. The Market Development Coordinator's primary responsibility is to lead the planning and execution of all events and marketing activities related to this initiative throughout the Ameren Illinois service territory. Travel will be approximately 50% throughout the territory.
Under the leadership of the Education and Training Manager, the Market Development Coordinator works independently, as needed, and spearheads efforts that build on existing community successes, build partnerships with existing community organizations and leaders and encourages lower income communities, its businesses and its residents to take full advantage of available energy efficiency opportunities. This position will regularly interact with internal resources, community-based organizations and other key groups and agencies to effectively reach these customers and positively impact their communities. The Market Development Coordinator will work alongside a very talented and growing marketing team.
• Leads the development and execution of bold, creative and integrated marketing and outreach strategies in support of Ameren Illinois' Market Development Initiative.
• Works with the Education and Training Manager to develop and evaluate strategies, established objectives and market characteristics.
• Leads efforts to identify new community partners and developing connections with new partners to the energy efficiency program.
• Develops and manages a list of diverse business enterprises in the Ameren Illinois service territory with potential to participate in the energy efficiency programs.
•Plans and coordinates the logistics for special events and workshops, including on-site management. May involve working an occasional weekend or evening as needed.
• Utilizes event planning tools as necessary; assists in the development of new tools and technology to facilitate the optimal customer experience.
• Continues to be flexible throughout the program year to adjust engagement strategies and tactics based on initiative needs.
• Serves as a catalyst for the achievement of key initiative goals, including boosting the number of diverse and local businesses in the energy efficiency industry, increasing the number of diverse and income-qualified program participants, and generating greater community awareness of energy efficiency.
• Creates and tracks event timelines and budgets as assigned to ensure all tasks are completed on-time and on-budget.
• Coordinates with members of the marketing team to develop collateral in support of events and community outreach efforts.
• Works closely with Ameren Illinois personnel to coordinate event details and communications to external audiences.
• Provides regular status reports to Ameren Illinois and program implementer team members on upcoming events as well as key metrics related to past events or outreach efforts.
• Communicates success stories to help build sustained participation and subsequent market transformation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
• 2+ years of work experience in marketing, communications or related field. Background in energy efficiency preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 2 years of project management experience.
• Demonstrated capability and success in development and execution of outreach strategies.
• Ability to work closely with community partners, including community action agencies across central and southern Illinois.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Energetic, can-do attitude and will to succeed.
• Ability to follow instructions and desire to learn new skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail, quality and follow-through.
• Adaptability and flexibility with required changes.
• Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering top notch customer service.
• College level math and English skills.
• Experience with record-keeping and organization of data.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of event planning tools.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.