POTFF Sports Psychologist
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates several openings for Sports Psychologists (SP) at various locations to support the Protection of the Force and Family (POTFF) Contract.
Sports Psychology is an interdisciplinary field spanning kinesiology, psychology, and motor learning and control.
SP shall train SOF personnel to develop and use the psychological skills necessary to perform optimally in training and operations, realize their potential, and increase their overall physical and emotional wellbeing.
The SPC shall perform the following responsibilities:
· Teaches SOF personnel specific mental, behavioral, psychosocial, perceptual, and emotional control skills
and strategies to improve performance during training and operational evolutions.
· Advises the HPP Manager and SMO in matters relating to mental performance, exercise and sports psychology.
· Provides psychological advice to SOF personnel based on evidence-based peer-reviewed literature.
· Provides information about psychological factors in sports, exercise, and physical activity to individuals and groups.
· Assists the HPP Staff with goal-setting, performance profiling, visualization, and performance planning.
· Participates in periodic meetings to review human performance training provided to patients and identifies opportunities for improvement.
· Collaborates throughout the HPP to enhance the quality and effectiveness of mental and human performance development and expertise delivered.
· Conducts periodic literature reviews to ensure the HPP stays current with the provision of care.
· Supports research conducted under supervision of the HPP Manager.
· Provides input for the development and utilization of relevant databases.
· Participates in peer (record) reviews for the HPP staff (quarterly for non-privileged healthcare providers).
· Collects and reports workload data as requested by the HPP manager.
· Assists the HPP manager in developing and maintaining practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all HPP facilities.
· Develops and promulgates training opportunities for the HPP Staff to enhance career development, potential for advancement and to further professional expertise.
Master’s degree (doctoral degree preferred) in Human Performance or Kinesiology, or Exercise and Sport Sciences with a specialization in Sport Psychology. Minimum of five years of experience in sports psychology and demonstrated experience working with elite athletes is highly desired.
Certification as a Certified Consultant through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) is desired, but not required. Be capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols, and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 20 kilograms.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret government security clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.