POTFF Strength & Conditioning Specialist
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates several openings for Strength & Conditioning Specialists at various locations to support the Preservation of the Force and Family (POTFF) Contract.
The primary responsibility is to establish and administer effective strength and conditioning protocols designed to maximize the physical performance of SOF personnel.
The Strength and Conditioning Specialist shall perform the following responsibilities:
· Designs, administers and evaluates the effects of physical training protocols under the supervision of the HPP Manager.
· Coordinates individualized exercise programs with the HPP staff to ensure a safe and expeditious return to training of Tactical Athletes recovering from injury.
· Designs and implements physical training programs for personnel who are TAD or deployed.
· Provides instruction and guidance to Tactical Athletes on physical conditioning and injury prevention.
· Refers all personnel under his purview with an apparent new or undiagnosed medical condition to a medical provider for evaluation and treatment.
· Assists the HPP manager in developing facility standard operating procedures, guidelines, and exercise protocols including the safe use of strength and conditioning equipment.
· Participates in periodic meetings to review and evaluate physical training programs and identifies opportunities for improvement. If a meeting occurs outside of regular working hours, the SCS is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated in the meeting.
· Participates in periodic in-service training for members of the HPP staff. Attends required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete the continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
· Performs administrative duties such as maintaining records of workload, conducting or participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
· Assists with supply inventories for the HPP. Provides input regarding supply needs.
· Participates in meetings with other HPP staff members.
· Ensures that equipment and facilities are properly organized and utilized, and are in safe working condition.
· Performs other tasks, within the scope of the SCS position description, as assigned by the HPP manager.
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline and shall have a minimum of five years of experience.
Demonstrated sustained experience working with elite athlete populations is highly desired. Creditable specialized experience includes: developing long and short-range planning and coordination of sport/mission specific
performance programs resulting in attributable results with elite athletes (i.e. Division I collegiate, Olympic, professional level athletes or SOF-specific tactical professionals). The contractor shall posses and maintain current
certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS). Maintenance of this certification shall be an enduring element of the requirement.
Current certification in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training.
Shall be physically proficient to demonstrate all prescribed exercises / techniques and to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments. Contractor must be able to lift and manipulate loads and plates up to 25 kilograms.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret government security clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.