User Experience Designer
Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a User Experience Designer who will produce innovative designs for our FuelsManager suite of software applications, which includes enterprise logistics, process control and mobile applications. Working in collaboration with stakeholders, you will design user interface solutions that balance user need, architecture and business objectives. You will support multiple development teams in an agile development environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identifying and understanding user roles / personas
• Engaging with stakeholders, users and user representatives to understand the needs
• Defining user scenarios, storyboards and workflows
• Analyzing information needs and data flows
• Developing wireframes and prototypes for web, mobile and desktop applications
• Reviewing designs with stakeholders, users and user representatives to get feedback
• Writing design specifications and managing graphical design projects through crowdsourcing services
• Working closely with other agile team members to support the implementation of user interface designs
• Performing usability testing for each agile iteration, where applicable
PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL:
Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience designing the user experience for web and mobile software
• Past experience engaging with users to define and capture the expected user interface experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead design workshops to quickly and efficiently develop workflows, wireframes and other user interface design artifacts
• Ability to analyze user workflows and designs for similar products to generate design ideas
• Proven ability to translate user stories and requirements into user friendly software user interfaces
• Knowledge and ability to use Photoshop for graphical designs
• Demonstrated ability to develop wireframes and prototypes
• Proven experience writing graphical design specifications
• Experience managing outsource or crowdsourced design projects and competitions
• Solid technical understanding of software technologies, especially HTML5, responsive design, and mobile app design.
• Previous experience working within an agile team delivering releases in short term, focused, iterative cycles
• Demonstrated understanding of how to perform usability testing
• Experience with wire framing and prototyping tools such as Balasmiq or MockPlus
• Experience in graphical design of user interfaces
• Experience managing graphical design projects through crowdsourcing, including management of design contests and one-on-one projects
• Prior experience working in a matrix organization
• Excellent creativity and problem solving skills
• Desire to work in a collaborative environment and good oral and written communications skills
• Ability to communicate with parties within and outside of the Varec organization
• Proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work with little to no supervision
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Very detailed oriented
• Not Required
• Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Vacation, Flexible Spending Account, 401K
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.