Senior Drupal Architect
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Senior Drupal Architect, contingent upon contract award, in Bethesda, MD.
This position requires the candidate to play the principal leadership role in the content migration, including Drupal design, configuration and implementation of CMS, migration of content, and ensuring that customized features work properly in a cloud environment. In addition, this role will conduct complex implementations of content, processes and features using Drupal.
Close, careful, and scrupulous attention to detail under tight deadline constraints is essential. Experience in executing software development projects as a part of a team is required. The ability to work independently and juggle multiple concurrent assignments is also vital. The position requires the ability to work directly with customers, peers, software engineers, and other stakeholders. The candidate should be willing to offer suggestions and insights, and to act as an advocate for stakeholders who may not otherwise be represented. However, when given direct guidance and instruction by the customer or the project lead, the candidate must respect those decisions and reflect them in the requirements documents and supporting materials.
Excellent communications skills are also a must, as the candidate will interface with a variety of academic researchers, senior staff, government customers, and contractor support personnel on a regular basis. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be accustomed to working in a dynamic high-tech environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Migrate to Drupal 8 Azure environment
• Create new sites, features and enhancements in Drupal according to client specifications
• Consult with clients and other developers to define the right solution
• Interacting directly with clients to outline requirements and provide frequent updates
• Create custom applications based on client needs
• Work onsite at customer location, Bethesda Maryland
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 8 years of experience (6 years with an MS)
• 6 years in Information Technology
• 4 years of enterprise web content management experience
• 2 years of Drupal experience
• Requires US Citizen or Green Card Holder with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
• Demonstrated proficiency and working experience in Drupal
• Experience working with Drupal in a “headless” environment
• Demonstrated proficiency and working experience HTML5, CSS3 and MySQL
• Understanding of OOP
• Knowledge of PHP and LAMP
• Strong communication skills
• Passion for open source
• Ability to multi-task
• Fast learner and proactive
Additional Desired Skills
• Working experience in building websites that are Section 508 compliant
• XML and Web Services
• Mobile development
• SharePoint Development
• MS SQL Server
• Experience integrating 3rd party APIs into PHP
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.