Customer Support Manager
Leidos' Veterans Health Group is seeking a Service Desk Manager. The Service Desk Managers primary function is to support the IT Service Desk. Service Desk Manager will provide a high level of customer service, the Service Desk Agents follow defined processes and procedures in execution of Service Desk support that includes developing and maintaining pertinent information in the service ticketing system and responsible for the end-to-end ticketing of all support requests. Must have use of knowledge base tools and process experience along with expertise support resolution of tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. The Service Desk Agent escalates to the Service Desk Manager as needed for direction of unresolved problem/issues/requests to the correct, designated tier 2 and 3 support teams. The Service Desk Manager will have the ability to support all Service Agent duties and a primary role of team support oversight and reporting.
General duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Primary responsibility is customer service, to supporting service agents and taking calls from end users requiring technical experience.
• Understand and provide advice and direction to service agents in the operations needed for support of commonly used software, hardware, and agency provided equipment and applications
• Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures and processes; and required team and task order management defined activity and staff reporting.
• Adhere to all service desk policies and processes in supporting users
• Adhere to task order management policies and processes in supporting the defined team and effort
• Other duties, as required, to support the team and reporting that include metrics and performance
Specific Tasks and Duties
• Take ownership and responsibility of an issues from start through to a successful resolution
• Escalate issues and involve experts or appropriate external support wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
• Deal with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk
• Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as Service Desk related processes and procedures
• Maintain adequate and increasing knowledge of systems, applications, and software in order to provide a high level of support and reporting
• Maintain and consistently demonstrate a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
• Perform post-resolution follow ups to process and improvement requests
• Maintain individual performance based service levels
· A+ Certification and/or MCP certification (or better)
• Friendly, empathic presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex technical concepts
• Ability to utilize the applications of Microsoft Office for support, reporting and documentation
• Intermediate knowledge of IT systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience
• Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Ability to think through problems and follow regimented processes to achieve resolution
• Ability to work well in a team oriented environment and provide direct supervision
Requires US Citizen or US Person(Green Card) Status with the ability to pass a minimum background investigation for a low to moderate VA clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.