- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
- Codes less complex software and web applications using common commercially accepted programming languages (HTML, JAVA, XML, CGI, Visual Basic, C++).
- Maintain functioning user-accessible software and web applications.
- Support software and web application planning and deployment.
- Applies concepts, develops, tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative software and web- based applications.
- Troubleshoots software and web problems and provides solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies.
Uses a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create software and web application elements such as user interface features, algorithms, animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications.
- HSD or GED with 10 Years of relevant experience, OR Associate's Degree with 8 years of relevant experience, OR Bachelor's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience, OR Master's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience OR PhD.
- IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP
- Proficient in JAVA, ASP.NET, C/C++, Java, Adobe Flash and
- Perl and in development of Web applications.
- Proficient with scripting (i.e., Python, SOAP, PHP, Borne, Korn, C shell), Microsoft SQL Server, Access, PowerBuilder, and Microsoft Powershell
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.