Solutions Architect Business COTS Solutions
Our Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Team within our Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Solutions Architect with a specialty in implementing complex business COTS solutions. This role is in support of DoD customers in the DC Metro area as well as globally. Ideally the candidate will be based in DC Metro area, but this is not required. Opportunity may require up to 25% Domestic travel. Position is predominantly performed in a virtual capacity.
Business COTS includes ERP, Data Warehouse, Big Data solutions, BI and analytics and integration technology such as ESBs and hosting/delivery options in CSPs or on-premise compute infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise and leadership experience in support of our DoD Information Technology customers. You will support development of enterprise business solutions for new business, support ongoing contract activity as well as provide surge and issue support to existing contracts.
• The Solution Architect (SA) will provide the leadership and technical direction for the execution of DoD IT new business during the capture phase and into program execution startup upon award.
• Lead architecture definition of complete Enterprise Service solutions covering the lifecycle from Early CONOPS, to requirements development, technical planning, system integration, analysis of alternatives, verification and validation, design, build, cost , deploy, and sustainment.
• Produces technical roadmaps that advance the technical baseline and address both the technical and the business factors.
• Lead engineering assessments and selection of investments for a range of large scale COTS solutions across various vendor offerings.
• Provide options with recommendations for integrating vendor solutions for large scale enterprises and strategies for technical refresh and deployment into the enterprise. All phases of the lifecycle are possible from new start to sustainment.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
• Able to obtain Clearance at Secret level.
• 7+ years of experience supervising or leading technical teams.
• Previous experience as a Chief Engineer or equivalent for large business COTS solutions with broad expertise guiding project and operations across multiple related IT disciplines throughout the project lifecycle.
• Possess broad IT Knowledge of contemporary IT technologies to include but not limited to: End user computing, n-tier architectures, Data Base and Data Warehouse technologies, Data Center Security architecture components and controls, Virtualization Technologies, DevOps, Web Services, ERPs, ESBs.
• Recent DoD IT engineering leadership experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication capability. Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
• Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
• Experience estimating all technical and operations labor costs.
• Experience identifying and assessing business impacts to proposed changes to a largely technical solution or enterprise operations.
• ITIL foundations certification with Enterprise IT experience using ITIL.
• Technical Certifications such as Microsoft Certifications or Security Certifications such as CISSP
• Experience developing strategic roadmaps for IT services and providing technical oversight to ensure developed solutions, satisfy customer and business requirements.
• Recent Oracle EBS implementation experience
• Recent experience migrating and sustaining applications in FedRamp Plus Level 4 and above CSPs.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.