Chief Network Technologist
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Chief Network Technologist. This position is located in the WMA with access to Fort Meade, MD.
The position will be in support of the GSM-O Program and reporting to the Leidos office of the CTO for wide access to the Leidos corporation assets and knowledge. The Chief Network Technologist works closely with the GSM-O Architects, GSM-O Operations teams as well as the DISA engineering teams and network vendors to ultimately improve performance, increase capability, and lower the total cost of ownership. The ability to identify and mature innovations to improve the network as communicated through whitepapers, demonstrations, meeting attendance and participation in the Innovation Working Group (IWG) is a critical element of this position. Knowledge of network technologies, roadmaps and the success of integrating changes into an enterprise is a critical skill.
• Development and delivery of technical aspects of on-contract growth task order proposals.
• Negotiate with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) for the technical and related cost of changes.
• Participation in the Innovation Working Group (IWG) supporting and defending changes to network technology, OSS & BSS components and operations processes.
• Support to ongoing operations problems and support to projects.
• Communicate concepts and proposed changes via customer meetings, whitepapers and proposals to include ability to promote and defend changes, including business case aspects of the change.
• Evaluate all aspects of cost for the changes.
• Coordinate with the customer and external stakeholders (industry leaders, vendors, military, etc.).
• Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with no supervision.
• Some travel (< 25%) may be required.
• BS in related technical discipline with 17+ years, Masters with 15 years, or Doctorate with 13 years of prior relevant experience.
• Prior experience as a chief engineer, chief architect or lead engineer.
• WAN Network Engineering experience.
• WAN Operations Experience.
• Overall understanding of ITIL service management.
• Systems engineering experience.
• Proposal development experience.
• Current and Active Secret Clearance is required for this role.
• Experience concurrently supporting Operations and Ongoing IT projects.
• Significant background supporting tools such as Element Managers, Ticketing Systems, CMDB/Change mgmt. tools,
• Significant background supporting WAN technologies (Optical: Sycamore, Cisco, Cienna; IP: Cisco, Juniper; Firewall:
• Palo Alto; & F5 Load Balancers).
• Understanding of Cyber technologies and tools (Bro, Argus, Tipping Point, Landcope, SourceFire, etc).
• Project Management skills/background.
• ITIL Certification – Foundation.
• Have either chaired or was deputy chair for a Technical or Engineering Review Board (ERB).
• Comfortable with presenting and interaction with senior officials (SES/Flag Officers).
• Experience in R&D projects, innovation, and strategy.
• Understanding of COTS integration and Software Development Methodologies.
• Understanding of Cloud Computing, and Compute/Storage technologies (virtualization) Technical IT certifications such as but not limited to, Cisco Certifications (CCIE, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.).
• Current DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.