Perform real-time embedded software development and hardware/software integration for Leidos’ Advanced Solution Group in Huntsville, AL. Develop software interfacing to sensors and integrate algorithms in a multi-threaded C/C++ environment. Automate data analysis tasks. Work in a high-energy, fast-paced goal oriented team focusing on research and development as well as advanced prototyping for a variety programs in the aerospace, military, and commercial market spaces. Projects involve small teams of engineers working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term field demonstrations. Typical customers include DARPA, Aviation and Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (AMRDEC), and Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL).
* Develop real-time embedded software code, primarily in Linux and Linux-derived real-time operating systems, including schedulers and interrupt handlers
* Enhance software for real-time execution through code optimization and parallelization including multi-core CPU / GPU execution
* Write software to interface with sensors and actuators over a variety of communication interface protocols, including serial, Ethernet, and discretes.
* Support integration of software and algorithms into third-part software frameworks and architectures
* Support hardware/software integration and debugging activities
* Support system field testing on a variety of platforms, including aircraft, ground vehicles, and naval ships
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 8-12 years of software development experience using C/C++
* Experienced programming in C/C++ and Python including object oriented design and implementation
* Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating environment as well as experience with real-time operating systems (VxWorks, Integrity, and LynxOS)
* Experience with interface communication standards / protocols such as RS232, RS422, TCP/IP, UDP, MIL-STD-1553, DDS, and ZeroMQ
* Experience using version control (Subversion, GIT, etc) and continuous integration software tools.
* Experience with laboratory electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes and multi-meters
* Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
* Existing security clearance at Secret level or above
* Experience with Matlab, Simulink, and Model-Based Design code generation practices
* Experience supporting precision navigation programs including those requiring precision timing and synchronization of multiple sensors
* Experience with autonomous vehicle / robot system development
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.