Linux Systems Administrator (at Washington, DC)
***Must possess an active "Top Secret" Security Clearance***
This position is for a Linux Systems Administrator Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Lead supporting the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. This position will require the candidate to perform across the lifecycle support from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in systems administration, integration, test and system security. In addition, provides O&M activities and leadership on existing systems. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s IT staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux/Unix systems.
- Virtual Environment administration - Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage).
- System integration – experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Ability to work independently and at times as only LM representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
-Requires a BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
-Must have an active Top Secret Clearance (Ability to obtain SCI).
-Strong Linux/Unix administration experience - integration with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, create boot images, backup/restore, and perform system hardening.
- System administration: RHEL, SE Linux, Windows
- Networking, particularly system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 1 certification (SSCP, Network +, or similar certification and actual implementation experience in this domain) is a plus.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.