Document, Test and Training Lead
The Mission Integration Operation of Leidos is seeking an experienced Team Lead to manage the Documentation, Test and Training functions on a large, established, software development program for a government customer. An active TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance is required in order to be considered for this position.
The program environment is extremely fast-paced, often changeable, and requires the ability to react quickly to changing requirements from a demanding customer. This position manages day to day activities of 30 FTE’s and 10 consultants supporting approximately 100 FTE program developing end-user software in an Agile environment. As a member of the management staff, reports directly to the Program Manager and interacts frequently with the Program’s senior management team to accomplish long- and short-term program goals. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be capable of speaking on behalf all disciplines to a demanding customer. Participates on the Program's Technical Review Board, System Engineering Review Board, Operational Review Board, and Contract Status Review, as well as management staff meetings. Works closely with peers who manage Engineering and Operations groups.
Test team is responsible for complex testing, often of multiple software baselines in parallel. Test methods include increasing reliance on automated testing and development/execution of performance and usability tests. Test team is the
largest of the three groups.
Training team creates and updates more than 1000 pages of training materials several times each year for major software releases and makes selective updates for interim releases. The team provides training on overseas systems deployments that may extend up to 2 months. Trainers are also called on to develop ad hoc materials for specific customer needs and provide training to Program team members and local customers. This role also manages translation support for software elements and training documentation. Translation relies on internal resources from trainers with linguistic skills and may require coordinating with internal Leidos resources. If needed, may have to locate outside resources and coordinate to make them available to the program.
Documentation lead manages all documents for the entire program, identifying updates for each software release and tracking them to completion; also provides QA for all documents. A key element of this job is providing stability and leadership to experienced and very capable leads while allowing them to perform their jobs and grow in their roles.
Requirements team is responsible for identifying requirements, creating user stories, and coordinating the grooming process across the program.
• Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance is required
• Bachelor's Degree in technical major
• 10+ years of related experience or 15+ years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
• Responsible for Documentation, Testing and Training resources for the program
• Oversee system testing on all enhancements and system releases ensuring documentation quality control and training requirements are met
• Previous experience in managing team with diverse skill-sets
• Strong communication skills in both verbal and written formats
• Demonstrated successful problem solving skills
• Experience managing technical project or program
• Experience with managing user facing software systems is required.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of all three functions and be prepared to provide direction and guidance to the leads of each while representing their interests to other program elements and customers.
• Must understand and be able to balance competing priorities to help staff apply resources appropriately. Experience on end-user software development programs is essential.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.