The Database Support Personnel will provide technical expertise in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance for existing and new, high-volume, data intensive systems. This position requires use of critical thinking and problem solving techniques to address complex database design issues, including data movement and replication among geographically dispersed components. The candidate must have strong ETL and database development skills.
The candidate's primary responsibilities will be providing support to multiple system environments (development, test, production), developing and maintaining ETL processes using scripting languages, maintaining replication between source and target databases, installing Oracle/PostgreSQL products, managing system and database patches, analyzing and resolving performance issues, proactively diagnosing and resolving database problems, maintaining database configurations in compliance with release management and change management, and developing and supporting existing database reports using JasperReports. Additional responsibilities include participating in special projects and performing additional duties as required, plus providing database and administration support to the data management team.
The candidate will work with a cross-section of organizations, including other DBAs, system engineers, software developers, field engineers, and the management team. Excellent analytical and time management skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to routinely make effective and timely decisions in alignment with management direction is required.
Education and Required Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• Must possess a SECRET clearance with an appropriate polygraph
• Minimum 7+ years of experience with Oracle 10g/11g/12c
• Minimum 5+ years of experience with Linux
• Minimum 3+ years of experience with logical/physical database design
• Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software performance issues
• Experience with database development and ETL processes
• Proficient developing complex queries in SQL
• Experience performing database performance tuning
• Experience developing stored database procedures, packages, and triggers using PL/SQL
• Strong scripting skills (Python, Perl, and/or bash)
• Experience with database reporting software (i.e. JasperReports)
• Experience with Oracle backup and recovery
• Experience with storage management, including Oracle ASM
• Experience working with Oracle support
• Advanced degree
• Experience with large databases (> 1TB)
• Experience with Oracle Data Guard and Streams
• Experience with Postgres 9.x
• Experience with Postgres DBSync
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.