Energy Markets Consultant
Energy & Transmission Markets Consultant
Locations: Denver, San Francisco or Houston
Leidos is seeking an Energy & Transmission Markets Consultant who is an experienced electricity market analyst and possesses the ability to help expand an existing consulting practice focusing on due diligence related to transmission congestion impacts under Security Constrained Economic Dispatch (SCED). The successful candidate will participate in or lead projects that are involved with: transmission congestion analysis, LMP basis risk, energy curtailment risk, LMP price forecasting, and energy asset due diligence, renewable integration, economic benefit studies, and related analysis to support asset development, risk assessment, and economic studies.
Typical duties of this position will include:
• Performs complex electricity market modeling and transmission congestion analysis utilizing the PROMOD market simulation model with security constrained economic dispatch (SCED)
• Analyzing study results to develop study deliverables that provide meaningful and actionable and new solutions for clients
• Managing client engagements and ongoing client relationships
• Presenting study results and findings to client executives
• Researching key energy market operational processes and current issues/trends
• Conducting business development activities both through internal collaboration and directly with clients and prospects
• Developing and expanding key client relationships
• Effectively and efficiently support projects and project team members working both independently and in collaboration with other colleagues and managers.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.