SQL Database Administrator
Leidos ITS Infrastructure Operations is looking for an experienced SQL DBA to perform complex database administration assignments essential to the production and development of Database Management Systems (DBMS) applications.
Assignments, which are in direct support of software development and maintenance teams, include database analysis, security support, design, software use, performance monitoring and tuning, and general technical expertise.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Review and ensure integrity via standardized support tools. Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Provide comprehensive productive support of all SQL Server databases (versions 2008 to 2016)
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the database systems entrusted in his/her care.
- Identify root cause and resolves issues with little or no supervisions.
- Work directly with infrastructure and application teams.
- Bachelor's degree in technology field from an accredited U.S. college or university and minimum 8 years of related experience.
- Must be willing to support on-call activities, evenings and weekends periodically.
- Hands-on experience with SQL Clustering, SQL Server versions 2008 to 2016, Windows Administration, SQL Tuning, SSIS packages and T-SQL scripting, database upgrades / patching / monitoring.
- Hands-on experience with: Batch, Powershell or Perl scripting
- Disaster Recovery experience
- Strong data replication techniques
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.