TSCM - IPMS Specialist
The Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group has a current opening for a TSCM/IPMS Specialist at our Customer site in Springfield, VA.
Job Description: Member of a multidisciplinary security team tasked with ensuring our Government Customer's security requirements are developed, planned, and implemented.
The TSCM/IPMS Security Specialist responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Conducting In-Place-Monitoring-System (IPMS) and Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) operations to prevent unauthorized access to government facilities, processes, and sensitive / classified information.
2. Providing reports and briefings for each IPMS and TSCM conducted.
3. Providing research services and advising program office personnel on national and international developments in both state-of-the-art and commercial technical security technology.
4. Reviewing and making recommendations for the design and operation of IPMS and TSCM resources based upon counter-threat plans, physical security posture, and technical security policies.
5. Working independently, or with oversight, to advise and assist program office personnel on matters of technical security policy, procedures, and regulations. External Referral Eligible
1. BS degree is desired with minimum7 years of security related experience, or an additional 4 years of security experience considered in lieu of a formal degree.
2. MUST be certified by the Interagency Training Center (ITC) in the conduct of Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM).
3. Must have an active TS/SCI clearance, and willing to undergo a polygraph examination to be considered for this position.
4. A minimum of 3 years of specialized IPMS/TSCM experience and 4 additional years (7 years total) general security experience is required. Specialized experience is directly related to duties and responsibilities involving Radio Frequency signal analysis. Other general security related experience can include counterintelligence, security policy standard development, security countermeasures programs, cyber security, access systems operation and management, personnel protection, and protecting security information.
5. Must be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of applicable Executive Orders, ODNI, DoD, and ICD security standards.
6. Must be able to apply physical and technical security standards in the conduct of risk management assessments and reviews.
7. Must have the ability to provide guidance in regards to security measures and requirements based on applicable physical and technical security standards.
8. Prepared for and able to support travel requirements (up to 10%), CONUS and OCONUS, as well as significant local travel within the metropolitan Washington DC area.
9. Applicants must meet minimum physical qualifications for this position as identified in DoD Instruction 5240.05, enclosure 7, dated Feb 22, 2006. Specifics regarding hearing acuity, vision, color perception as well as lifting and carrying 40 pounds, and the ability to climb a 6-foot ladder are examples of the physical requirements for this position.
1. A strong Radio Frequency background is highly desired, in addition to a proven ability to work autonomously and to deliver concise executive-level reports and presentations.
2. Ability to read and understand configuration plans for the purpose of identifying and implementing technical security upgrades is preferred.
3. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills are vital in order to engender rapport with military personnel, federal civilians, other contractors, and foreign governments at all levels of DoD and the IC.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.