Network/Systems Engineer (Quantico, VA)
***Must currently possess an ACTIVE Top Secret Security Clearance***. This opportunity does not sponsor a individual to obtain a clearance.
Leidos has an opening on a FBI DNA Database program. The ideal candidate will be well rounded in a wide variety of IT support functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide, at a minimum, daily design, installation and implementation support and maintenance of the primary and COOP sites including but not limited to:
-Infrastructure (network, software, and storage) installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
-Network and storage administration – Cisco ASA firewall (SSL Clientless VPN, IPS, etc.) and Catalyst switch hardware; NetApp storage (Network Attached Storage [NAS]) hardware.
-Systems administration – Microsoft Server OS and client, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V, VMware, SQL Server, etc. System virtualization support using Hyper-V and VMware.
-Perform configuration management activities. Participate in CCBs and advise on the technology impacts of all proposed changes, and software and hardware requirements.
-Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
-Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
-Software application and database administration. Install and configure new software versions of the software application, SQL Servers, and environment application and tools.
-Perform storage, backup and recovery activities for hardware and software within the accreditation environment. Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures. Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
-When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
-Database replication of all primary systems to the COOP either automatically or via another mechanism.
-If the COOP site becomes the primary site, provide daily operations from the COOP site.
-System software upgrades, patch management, software upgrades, etc.
-Application and database tuning and performance monitoring.
-Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
-As new systems are required, provide implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting support.
-Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors, contractor, and/or organizations.
-Provide application integration support in determining the best way to integrate third-part and custom applications.
-As directed by the customer assist management with security documentation. Update and test the security policies for computers in the environment to ensure compliance with all stated and emergent security requirements. This includes providing technical support for the Certification and Accreditation process and ensuring the security posture of software installed computers remain current.
2. Provide on-site daily environment operations support for current and future software releases. These systems shall maintain greater than 98% availability on a 7/24 basis.
3. Provide on-site technical support to the, as defined in writing by the CO and COR, including but not limited to backups, user account management, hardware/software upgrades and hardware maintenance.
4. Operate and maintain environment (various hardware, and COTS and/or custom software) Maintain detail configuration information and other records of all hardware and software installations. Staff shall operate from Quantico, VA; once the system is operational, must be available 24/7 for system troubleshooting and support.
5. Generate performance reports, (i.e.: system, software, network, infrastructure utilization) to be provided during monthly PMR meetings. The Government may identify specific reporting formats at a later date. Mean Time between Operational Failure (MTBOF) shall be captured and reported monthly.
6. Develop custom SQL and PowerShell scripts, installation and configuration, data integration activities, etc.
7. Develop and execute COOP environment, plans, and reports; and participate in COOP exercises.
8. On an as needed basis or as requested (defined by the CO or COR) visit and provide support from the primary and COOP hardware locations.
-Bachelor’s Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience (preferably in Computer Science, or related technical discipline).
-8-12 years of operating systems and networking support experience.
-Active Top Secret Clearance.
-Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
-Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory and group polices.
-Ability to modify or create Microsoft Power Shell scripts.
-Ability to multi-task work as part of a dedicated team.
-Excellent technical, communication (written & oral) and time management skills, as well as, the ability to visualize/execute remote software deployment projects are essential.
-Comprehensive knowledge of basic computer hardware and software fundamentals.
-Ability to actively participate in the development of software and hardware testing, database migration, integration, and implementation plans for various state and local government agencies.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.