Research Associate I, Single Cell Analysis Facility (NCI)
The Cancer Research Technology Program (CRTP) develops and implements emerging technology, cancer biology expertise and research capabilities to accomplish NCI research objectives. The CRTP is an outward-facing, multi-disciplinary hub purposed to enable the external cancer research community and provides dedicated support to NCI’s intramural Center for Cancer Research (CCR). The dedicated units provide electron microscopy, protein characterization, protein expression, optical microscopy and nextGen sequencing. These research efforts are an integral part of CCR at the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR). CRTP scientists also work collaboratively with intramural NCI investigators to provide research technologies and expertise.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIESWe are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate II to join the newly established Single Cell Analysis Facility (SCAF) of the Center for Cancer Research (CCR) at NCI. The SCAF will house state of the art single cell sequencing technologies including 10xGenomics Chromium, BD Genomics Rhapsody, DEPPArray, and other emerging single cell technologies. This person will work under the guidance of SCAF senior staff to carry out single cell sequencing experiments.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the education requirements, a minimum of two (2) years in related molecular biology experience
- Knowledge of and experience with molecular biology and cell biology
- Ability to run single cell sequencing experiments
- Experience with NextGen sequencing, sample and library quality control
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Strong molecular biology and cell biology background, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, DNA hybridization, ligation, fragmentation, endpolishing, automation using robotics, Agilent Bioanalyzer, nanodrop, qPCR, sterile/clean room techniques
- Familiarity with Illumina sequencing technology
- Cell biology skills including cell culture, cell isolation, cell counting
- Must be a quick learner for new technologies
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.