Migrate/DevOps Engineer (Greenbelt, MD)
The Migrate/DevOps Engineer will work with multiple application teams to migrate systems into the Technical Integrator (TI) DevOps provided service in support of the 2020 Decennial Census. This individual will work technical details with application teams to ensure they are migrated successfully. This individual will coordinate implementation with the application teams and Task 1 (Architecture) and Task 3 (Implementation). This individual will also take part in DevOps related training activities for application teams. (3-246)
· Takes direction from Migration Dev/Ops Engineering Lead to migrate several applications into TI provided DevOps environments, either cloud or data-center based.
· Provides technical guidance to application teams to take advantage of cloud technologies, and implement cloud infrastructure, as needed.
· Works with application teams to document application internal/external interface requirements for Development, Testing, Staging and Production environments
· Works with application teams to ensure compliance with High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concept of operations.
· Implements middleware application specific requirements as needed, ensuring that integration across components in the TI provided environment is functional.
· Implements migration efforts with application teams, including data migration.
· Assists and takes part in training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 10 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
· Previous experience migrating application teams from data center to data center and from data center to cloud.
· Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
· Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages
· Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and methodologies
· Experience maintaining and administering configuration management systems such as Enterprise GitHub.
· Experience maintaining and administering software build systems such as Jenkins.
· Experience maintaining and administering artifact repository systems such as Artifactory.
· Ability to automate workflows through scripting or other technologies such as Ansible or Puppet.
· Experience determining and implementing middleware requirements.
· Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
· Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
· Proficient in Cloud technologies. AWS Solutions Architect and/or AWS Developer Certification(s) preferred.
· Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
· Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
· Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.