Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The Project Manager is the person responsible for ensuring a project is planned appropriately and is monitored and controlled until closure. Project Managers will be trained on and adhere to the customer’s IT Project Manager Guide. This Guide provides guidelines for managing information technology projects at the customer’s division and direction on how to implement Project Management principles to plan and execute projects successfully across the Division. Project Managers must possess a PMP certification.
Managing a project includes:
1. Refining/Managing requirements identified by Business Relationship Management (BRM) process and identifying any further requirements during project planning;
2. Establishing clear and achievable project objectives;
3. Balancing the competing demands for quality, scope, time, and cost;
4. Adapting the specifications, plans, and approach to different concerns and expectations of the various stakeholders.
Project Manager responsibilities include:
1. Develop a detailed Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the project in conjunction with SMEs;
2. Develop a comprehensive Project Schedule in conjunction with the project scheduler;
3. Create and manage a risk register of all project risks;
4. Identify and document project roles, responsibilities, and reporting relationships;
5. Draft the Project Management Plan (PMP);
6. Conduct review and approval of the PMP with the Project Sponsor, management, or equivalent level;
7. Set up and maintain a project SharePoint page (using established templates);
8. Perform ongoing schedule management;
9. Perform ongoing project cost management;
10. Perform ongoing risk management;
11. Perform ongoing human resource management;
12. Establish system performance goals;
13. Provide written status reports to management and participate in monthly project reviews with them;
14. Complete project deliverables, and sign‐off by Project Sponsor;
15. Submit functional, design/allocated, and production baselines through change control process (gate reviews);
16. Deliver the final project deliverables;
17. Release team resources;
18. Perform project closeout reporting activities;
19. Conduct and record lessons learned;
20. Perform project documentation peer reviews as needed.
Success against these responsibilities will be measured by:
1. Weekly project status reports
2. Approved PMPs
3. Monthly metrics reports
4. SCRs (functional, design/allocated and production baselines)
5. Risk and issue logs
6. Training Records
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.