Deskside Support Engineer
Leidos has an opening for a Desktop Support Engineer to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Deskside Support Engineer is responsible for providing consulting, oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives directly to end-users at customer sites.
Deskside technicians shall perform the following services:
1. Deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk
2. Stage devices (phones and computers) in preparation for deploying them to the users. Staging will include:
a. Install OS
b. Rename computer
c. Join Domain
d. Install software as per onboarding form
3. Break/Fix support for end-user computer devices
4. Deployment and retrieval of new end-user devices to end users, including a brief tutorial to familiarize the user with the device
5. Install specialty software which is not packaged in SCCM (software installed in small quantities)
6. Removal of devices from the network as directed by Security Operations Center
7. Order parts to repair hardware, with approval leadership.
8. Assess issues and diagnose problems with printers
10. Provide A/V support in conferences rooms.
11. Support Video Teleconferences (VTC) including monitoring high-profile user conferences
12. Ad hoc support to videotape conferences and setup for video streaming
13. PIN PIV Resets utilizing security solutions
14. Install printer toner
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.