The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Database Developer to work at our Columbia, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The Software Engineer will assist in the improvement and continued development of the advanced key processor for autonomous cryptographic key generation and public key user hardware token authentication. The person will be part of a Software Development team utilizing an agile development methodology.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities;
• Design, code and test software.
• Ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant
• Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, testing, documentation, and maintenance, for a complex software system/application
External Referral Eligibile
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of related experience in software development
• Demonstrated proficiency with C++ on embedded systems, model aided development using tools like Rational Rhapsody, Green Hills OS and Tools – Integrity, MULTI, as well as Java.
• Experience with cryptographic technologies such as EC, TLS, PKIX, and CMS.
• Must have a solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience working in an agile software development environment
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.