Linux Systems Administrator (TS/SCI w/ Polygraph)
Is finding a new and challenging position one of your New Year's Resolutions for 2018? Well, Leidos is looking for you! We are currently hiring a Linux Systems Administrator for an emerging program in the Columbia, MD area. Please note, we are *only* considering candidates who possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
What you will do:
- Provide support for systems implementation, administration and support in a Linux-heavy environment.
- Scripting in Bash, Perl, Python, etc. for automation
- Configures and manages primarily Linux (some Windows) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
What you need:
- 12-15 years of experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity
- Solid and recent Linux Systems Administration experience
- Scripting experience (Perl, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University
- Note: An additional 5 years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
Domain Specific Requirements (must possess some of the following):
Computer Network Operations:
Experience with router, firewall, and other network communications equipment, configuration, maintenance, and management; computer networking experience including node configuration and management; formal training and/or experience with each of the following: Real-time processing and control, digital signal processing User Interfaces Network protocols and systems Data Flow Networks Speech and Audio including Voice over IP (VoIP) and streaming technologies Network and System Security.
Information Technology: Experience with computer operating systems for LINUX-based platforms including scripting tools for routine system administration tasks and automation; Computer operating system experience with Windows-based platforms including scripting and automation. Scripting languages such as PERL, PYTHON, BASH, or TCL
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.