AMES Center Ops Manager
The NEST Site Program Manager is responsible for the programmatic, financial and customer relationship success of the NEST Program at Ames In this role, the PM will lead the NEST/Ames team and successfully execute the program.
The PM will be responsible for the execution of the concept of operations; establishing and building strong customer and industry relationships, leading the collaboration necessary across teams, broader Leidos organizations and subcontractors to ensure program success.
• Managing program risks and opportunities program milestones achieved through adherence to program master plans and schedules.
• Developing/executing corrective action plans to mitigate internal or customer identified issues.
• Delivering effective control systems and reporting for accurately processing change and controlling in-scope performance of program functional task elements such as operations, Dev Ops, engineering, test, procurement, quality control, logistics, safety, security, and administrative functions.
• Working closely with and building relationships with the NASA Center customer community.
• Building strong morale within the Leidos Team (including all teammates)
• Meeting financial goals supporting the program's Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
• Participating in developing of future strategies for out - year NASA Acquisitions.
• Driving on-contract growth goals as established by the Space and Range and Mission Support Business Areas
• Experience with the program management of a large Enterprise IT Service Delivery program
• Proven experience and interaction with senior level customers (SES and above)
• ITIL Certification
• Ability to obtain a secret security clearance
• Extensive knowledge of NASA Communities (Operations / Acquisition / Development) including Centers and Labs
• Demonstrated experience establishing teaming relationships/partnerships and oversight of subcontractors
• Demonstrated experience managing mid to large programs (greater than $100M).
• Prior proposal/acquisition experience for mid to large programs (greater than $100M) and understanding of the NASA procurement process.
• Experience with Program Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS)
• Understanding of Risk and Opportunity management processes
• Understanding of all program financial and business processes and metrics
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning
• Demonstrated success building relationships with customers and teammates
• Demonstrated experience in Team building
• Experience executing development programs in an agile environment
• Developing Estimates to Complete/Estimates at Completion (ETC/EAC)
• Briefing external and internal senior leadership teams on program performance (Monthly Reviews)
Desirable Knowledge, Skills or Experience:
• PMP Certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.