UI/UX Software Engineer
Leidos Health Group is seeking a UI/UX Software Engineer. The position requires a US Citizen or US Person (Green Card) with the ability to obtain a site clearance and pass a minimum background investigation.
The ideal candidate will work diligently and efficiently to design, develop, test, troubleshoot, and debug a visually pleasing user interface that is Section 508 compliant and complies with all user requirements.
The UI/UX Software Engineer must have experience:
- Analyzing requirements to determine features of the desired interface
- Designing a user interface to provide excellent user experience. Design includes determining layout, desired color pallet, graphics placement, page transition, etc.
- Styling pages and forms that conform to standard style guides and practices
- Ensuring style and brand consistency throughout the application
- Executing the principles of AJAX web page development
- Using REST services to implement form functionality
- Working towards predetermined, long-range goals and objectives
- Applying advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Demonstrating excellent organizational and analytical skills, and showing initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness
- Accepting and performing related duties and responsibilities as required, and working in a collaborative environment in order to meet deadlines
- Working under direct supervision of senior developers and/or the project management team
- Coding by following a documented Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Following established development standards, using industry and government standards and best practices as directed
- Analyzing customer needs and developing overall concept and design objectives
The ideal candidate may also have the following desired experience:
- Experience with SPRING, Jenkins, and Docker
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with management, the customer, and the team.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Experience with VA contracts is preferred
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, HipChat) is desired
- Possess the ability to work with a geographically diverse team
- Familiarity with development as part of an agile development team using the object-oriented methodology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.