Integration and Test Engineer, Naval Training Systems
Leidos currently has an opening for an Integration and Test Engineer. The candidate will serve as an integral part of the Submarine Multi-Mission Team Trainer (SMMTT) Integration and Test Team, supporting trainer products in all areas of system and software testing. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of test events, and overall quality assessment of the delivered product. Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance prior to hire. An active clearance is preferred.
The position will work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME), developers, project managers and other stakeholders throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), executing test iterations, tracking issues, reporting test results, assessing priority, troubleshooting, and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should be self-motivated, proactive and detail orientated, to work successfully in a lab environment that includes multiple hardware and software baselines. Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes, the QA lifecycle and testing methodologies. The individual should be a hands-on technology professional accustomed to working in complex, project-based environment with multifaceted experience in QA software testing, software development and end user acceptance testing.
Travel is required to trainer sites at U.S. submarine naval bases. Average annual travel time will account for less than 15% annually with short spikes during site installation phases.
The major responsibilities associated with this position are:
· Work directly with team leads and SMEs to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
· Evaluate existing test items and design, develop and implement test plans, test cases and test processes that allow rapid implementation of corrective actions.
· Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing, system and software validation and QA functions
· Actively engage in troubleshooting issues both independently and with specific development teams to establish a root cause for all identified issues.
· Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
· Provide an overall quality assessment of the trainer under test
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Web Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other related degree.
· ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level is desired
Required Experience and Skills:
· Candidate must have 4+ years of relevant work experience in a development and/or testing role on complex systems, including documentation of results and recommendations.
· Development and scripting skills in common languages like: C/C++, Java, C#, Python, Perl, VB, etc.
· Experience with different Operating Systems, with emphasis on RHEL. This includes system debugging and analysis tools like: ps, top, free, netstat, iostat, mpstat and /proc filesystem.
· Be able to demonstrate an understanding of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
· Be familiar with defect tracking and resolution
· Be familiar with SQA testing and methodologies, regression and negative testing, development of test plans, cases and processes, testing against requirements, and common QA and QC standards.
· Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
· Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance prior to hire and will be subject to a government security investigation. Active security clearance preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.