Deputy Program Manager, Naval Training Systems
Leidos currently has an opening for a Deputy Program Manager. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, self-starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and simulation systems. This position is part of the team responsible for the design, development, test, and installation of large scale US Navy submarine training systems. Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance prior to hire. An active clearance is preferred.
Responsibilities include government customer and fleet end user communication, system requirement analysis, program execution tracking, and financial management. The candidate will be expected to interact with internal developers as well as external development team members, U.S. Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers. This individual will facilitate and contribute to the design and operation of submarine training systems.
Travel is required to trainer sites at U.S. submarine naval bases. Average annual travel time will account for less than 15% annually with short spikes during site installation phases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or the Physical Sciences.
Required Experience and Skills:
· 5+ years of submarine and US Navy experience is required. Naval experience in Undersea Warfare as a submarine officer onboard a USN submarine is required.
· Must be familiar with program management functions and be able to demonstrate past successful program management experience.
· Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
· Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
· Candidate must be comfortable working with Microsoft Office products in support of day to day tasks.
· Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance prior to hire and will be subject to a government security investigation. Active security clearance preferred.
· Completion of a successful department head tour on a deployed SSN/SSBN is highly desired.
· Extensive knowledge of system employment of the AN/BQQ-10 Acoustic Tactical System, AN/BYG-1 Combat Control Systems, Imaging Systems and/or BLQ-10 ES System is highly desired.
· Experience in submarine training, program support, software development/testing, configuration management, technical writing, financial management, and/or multi-system integration experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.