Website Capture Technician
Leidos is looking for a Website Capture Technician in Washington D.C. This position will work on-site with our federal customer to support their Digital Forensics team. Responsibilities will include:
• Independently capture websites for use in discovery and legal proceedings.
• Use a variety of forensic tools to analyze captured results.
• Troubleshoot any data collection problems and resolve those issues using acquired knowledge of the collection tools, website structures, and forensic methodologies.
• Document processes used for acquiring websites and may testify as an expert witness.
• Evaluate new tools and technologies as appropriate to collect and capture websites in various forms.
• Assist the Digital Forensics team with technical research tasks.
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in a legal, technical, or related industry.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or a relevant forensics certification and an additional 5 years over and above the minimum requirements.
• Must have very strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must have strong attention to detail and have the ability to be methodical about documenting the process used to capture websites.
• Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a government background check.
• Hands-on experience providing eDiscovery or digital forensic services strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with a variety of web capture tools (e.g., Hanzo, Adobe Acrobat) preferred.
• Previous experience writing declarations helpful.
• Previous experience with performing open source internet research helpful.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.