Enterprise System Management Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group at Leidos currently has a career opportunity for an Enterprise System Management Engineer. This position is responsible for enterprise system management engineering support focusing on the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of enterprise system management services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with Department of Defense (DoD) Command and Control (C2) systems utilizing associated information assurance (IA) processes/procedures.
The selected candidate will be responsible for transforming high-level/low-level enterprise design artifacts into a working, representative test system within a lab environment, developing pass/fail criteria, performing controlled testing, capturing and analyzing results, optimizing system performance, and troubleshooting anomalies. The Engineer will work closely with Government engineers during all stages of testing and be responsible for working with other enterprise disciplines as previously-tested component systems are later integrated into larger, enterprise-level systems of systems. The Enterprise System Management Engineer will be required to record, document, and deliver all related testing, installation, configuration, optimization, operations, and IA-compliance settings/configurations/processes/procedures upon completion of testing or incrementally as determined by the customer. The Engineer will capture and document system details within architectural drawings using AutoCAD to be used during final system installation, configuration, integration, and implementation.
This is potentially a customer-facing position and may require interaction with senior customer leadership on matters concerning design, engineering, or functional areas. The Enterprise System Management Engineer may be responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of cross-functional teams and be able to prioritize participation in multiple, concurrent testing events. The Enterprise System Management Engineer must possess a strong belief in the principles of task ownership, accountability, and teamwork.
- Provide enterprise system management engineering input to the Installation Design Plan (IDP) to support procurement, configuration management, and certification and accreditation of proposed systems
- Develop functional process diagrams for enterprise system management services
- Provide engineering and installation support focusing on the design, implementation and maintenance of enterprise system management services
- Designing, installing, provisioning, configuring, optimizing, performance tuning, integrating, testing, administering, and troubleshooting enterprise system management solution technologies in a lab environment
- Comply with all applicable security and Information assurance (IA) policies and directives
- Develop comprehensive test cases to include testing scenarios for both normal and degraded (e.g., disaster recovery, continuity of operations, data recovery/spills, etc.) operations, pass/fail criteria, performance criteria, capacity planning, measurement criteria, results analysis procedures, and results/status reporting criteria
- Assist the SSC Pacific Government team in planning, executing and documenting development of system operational verification tests (SOVT) in accordance with SPAWAR M-4720.1, Shore Installation Process Handbook v4.0, 12 Nov 14
- Interface with C2 system owners during integration testing preparation and execution
- Perform requirements analysis to capture and incorporate C2 and other component system of systems testing criteria into integration testing scenarios
- Support and documenting the implementation of approved changes to system configurations, software, and infrastructure within the approved testing schedule
- Provide ongoing progress to leadership, system owners, and peers regarding health of the environment and status of testing
- Research and analyzing emerging enterprise system management technologies, techniques, and protocols and making recommendations
- Assist with procurement of hardware, software, and services
- Support the installation of new enterprise system management components, if required
Eligible for Referral Bonus Program
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline with 8-12 + years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI and be SCI-eligible
- Server+ or Linux+ or equivalent/higher certification
- Active DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program certification at information assurance technical level II (IAT II; CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) and the respective network and computing environment certification
- Five or more recent years of demonstrated advanced, hands-on, enterprise system management engineering experience supporting the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of enterprise system management services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with DoD C2 systems utilizing associated information assurance processes/procedures
- Demonstrated enterprise system management engineering experience supporting and troubleshooting enterprise system management technology, server, and hosted application issues reported through monitoring or customer submittals
- Demonstrated familiarity with Enterprise IT environments (data center, computing, storage, network, security, backup/recovery, replication, policies and procedures)
- Must possess demonstrated enterprise system management engineering experience in the development and refinement of processes and procedures to ensure efficient, repeatable and effective monitoring and troubleshooting of enterprise system management technologies and security systems
- Must possess advanced interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Must demonstrate the ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving
- Possess one or more applicable vendor certifications: Oracle, Microsoft, Infoblox, Palo Alto, IBM, VMWare, Dell, RedSeal, Cisco, or equivalent/higher
- Experience with ITIL methodology; specifically Incident, Request and Change management principles and tracking systems
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.