Java Engineer - Mid level
Leidos is seeking several Software Developers for a growing mission critical program. The Software Engineer will provide technical expertise in software engineering, have troubleshooting abilities within development, test, and operational environments. The engineer may need to develop code in a mixture of the following custom code, COTS products, and web services in both traditional on premise and cloud environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform COTS integration with Oracle's IdAM products
- Package and script installs
- Complete performance analysis/tuning and regression testing
- Software design and development (Java based)
- Support Lab and operational installations and provide troubleshooting
- Work with Test Engineers to develop Unit Test Plans and supporting the formal test of requirements, execute informal software tests
- Identify and troubleshoot issues found during the software development/integration process
- Perform functional tests using both frontend and command line interfaces
- Create, execute, and maintain technical documentation
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on test progress during daily scrum meetings
- Support program operational needs as required
- Ability to generate, follow, and update technical procedures and evaluate results
- Ability to work successfully in a team, independently, and take initiative on tasks
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written formats.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development concepts
- Experience testing software and troubleshooting root causes
- Experience solving a broad range of technological challenges in a dynamic environment
- Experience with or general knowledge of COTS integration
- Experience with or general knowledge of IdAM domains
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
Additional Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of test tools such as SoapUI, LoadRunner, Selenium, TOAD, pgAdmin
- Knowledge of authentication standards using OAuth, SAML, PKI
- System administration skills in support of RHEL, SE Linux, Solaris, Windows, Apache, IIS
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC), Scrum, and Agile processes
- Knowledge of Oracle Identity and Access Management suite, including OAM, OID, OVD, OUD, OIM, OIF, and OES
- Knowledge of software development with the Java/J2EE development, Node, Sails
- Prior use with the Atlassian suite tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence), Git, Jenkins, and Chef
- Knowledge of WebLogic and LDAPs
- Practical application with Unix/Linux
This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance upon hire and must meet SCI eligibility. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within the customer’s timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.