Senior Software Application Developer
Leidos Mission Solutions Group is seeking a senior Software Engineer to develop applications that support corporate services, legacy mission services, and cloud-based analytic services. Responsible for employing agile development processes for building new and migrating legacy applications to a cloud environment. Use established agile processes and tools to capture themes, epics/capabilities, user stories, features, and tasks. Perform technology trade studies, requirements analysis, and proof of concept or prototyping as needed for engineering and design of IT applications destined for the cloud. Support applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed.
Develop, test, implement and maintain complex applications and databases, including web applications and user interfaces. Develop technical program documentation such as end-user operational instructions. Consult with users to develop formal user requirements and translate those into application/database design, write interfaces to external applications or databases, conduct unit/functional testing, and transition the applications/databases to production.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 13 years relevant experience (or 16 years’ experience with no degree)
• Currently holds ACTIVE clearance with the US Government sponsor (Secret)
• Analysis and computational skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
• Ability to develop, test, implement and maintain complex applications and databases
• Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS); ability to design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment
• Familiarity with Big Data processing concepts.
• Experience in developing with Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, GO, NodeJS or an equivalent OOP language in a production environment
• Experience developing HTML and web applications using MVC
• Experience debugging code and root cause analysis techniques.
• Experience working in a Linux environment such as Red Hat, CentOS or Ubuntu.
• Ability to work as part of a small team and communicate technical details a manner that non-technical customer staff will understand concepts and objectives
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
• Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Complex problem solving skills
• Knowledge of lifecycle process for software development, web applications, and system implementation; Agile development using SAFe framework
• Ability to explain protocols, technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
• RESTful APIs using JSON or XML messaging such as Grape, Rails, or Sinatra (Ruby)
• NoSQL solutions (e.g. Elasticsearch, AWS Elastic Container Service, Spark) within a cloud environment
• Queuing technologies such as Kafka, SQS, Kinesis, JMS, or equivalent
• Virtual containerized portable environment technologies such as Docker, VMware, or Vagrant
• PKI and PKI/RSA tools including OpenSSL.
• Secure communication authorization/authentication and single sign-on including one of the following: SAML, OAuth, multi-factor.
• Geospatial OGC, KML, Google Earth overlays, and layering.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.