Java Web Application Developer
Leidos is seeking a Web Application Developer who will develop screens, scripts and capabilities within a Department of Defense asset visibility and decision support application.
This position will allow for the employee to work on-site at the Chambersburg PA office with ability to telework occasionally when approved.
Typical duties to be performed:
• Perform as software engineer in full-stack, web application development in a small team environment
• Perform across the lifecycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment
• Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
• Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
• Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
• Analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, develop software design, test plans, and procedures
• Execute functional, performance, and security tests and support debug of system issues
• Estimate software development level of efforts and schedules
• Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods
• Supports evaluation, selection, integration of commercial, government and open-source tools, frameworks and technologies
• Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
• Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques
• Adheres to laws, standards, established guidelines and industry best practices for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, security, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
Education and Experience:
A BS degree in computer science or related field
Looking for BS degree and 2 – 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Active Secret Security Clearance required
Security + certification - preferred
• Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and troubleshoot applications (full-stack)
• Proficiency in Java (SE 7+, EE 6+) application development using web frameworks and internet technologies
• Proficiency with Oracle database SQL, PL/SQL (packages, stored procedures, triggers)
• Proficiency with web services (e.g., SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
• Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Perl)
• Experience with application development in Eclipse environment
• Experience with Java EE application servers (e.g., RedHat JBoss EAP, Oracle WebLogic)
• Experience working in a Linux (RHEL) server environment
• General knowledge of DISA STIGS and how they influence and establish best-practices within the IT environment. Previous implementation experience and ability to read, understand, and interpret STIG requirements.
• Goal oriented and self-motivated
• Candidate must have the ability to work independently or within a team environment
• Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to create software design and engineering documents
• Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work under tight deadlines is essential
• Ability to learn, excel and deliver at a quick pace is required
• Ability to create easy-to-follow IT documentation for work product design.
• Must have good communication, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment with peers to accomplish scheduled tasks.
• Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
• Ability to work unsupervised
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.