Technical Operations Technician
Leidos currently has an opening for a Technical Operations Technician to work in our Orlando, FL office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Candidates for these assignments are required to support business travel 50% of their time (assume 2 weeks out, 2 weeks back), both domestically and internationally. Candidates should have knowledge of training with constructive simulations and training in an integrated training environment. The candidate will be performing installation and/or operational training on one or more components of the JLCCTC training system. Components include: Scenario Generation, Parametric Data Management, WARSIM operator, BE Server, RUGUD, Global Mapper, Mission Command Adapter, Joint Deployment Logistics Model (JDLM) Operator, ExCis, After Action Review System (AARS), and JLCCTC Upper Enclave.
The selected Candidate will perform operating system and software installation, and configuration of training systems. Candidates are expected to learn and perform technical operation of simulations and to provide training to site personal. Candidates should have experience in JLCCTC products technical operations, HLA simulation, VmWare, linux or Windows system administration.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· 4+ years of experience with Installation and Systems Administration of Linux/Windows operating systems and SW applications
· Experience with VMware, Splunk, CCNA and batch & shell scripting
· DOD Cyber security efforts such as IAVA management, Vulnerability Scanning and mitigation
· Ability to provide instruction in the use of Constructive Simulations from a technical or Role-player perspective.
· Must possess a SECRET clearance.
· Team-oriented personality and a drive to learn.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or 5+ years field experience with training/simulations
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· Cyber security credentials or certifications; Comptia Security+ credentials
· Understanding or experience with Army domain simulation modeling.
· Specific experience with the Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC)
· 5 years Background in Joint and/or Army Training Exercises using Constructive Simulations
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.