Sr. Functional Analyst-Ammunition Systems-NLAC
Leidos is actively seeking a Senior Functional Analyst to provide software programming support to the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) program.
The National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) system enhances munitions logistics planning and management by supporting the Army and Joint Ammunition Community, including ammunition users, managers, and planners throughout the Department of Defense. NLAC provides a web-based total asset visibility system that receives its data from the Services' ammunition management and visibility systems and DoD transportation and document tracking systems.
• Apply specific ammunition logistics knowledge and experience to troubleshoot complex issues
• Develop, design and perform feasibility studies and functional systems analysis for complex integrated information management systems.
• Analyze, understand, and sustain the existing capabilities of the NLAC system, as well as working to incorporate additional new capabilities developed from customer requirements.
• Analyze customer driven functional requirements and transfer those requirements into technical objectives for the NLAC system.
• Provide functional, technical, and administrative direction to software development and functional tasks.
• Provide the government with comprehensive functional and technical reports used as the basis for the development of the NLAC application.
• Participate in the ongoing design of the NLAC application, perform functional review of Service data and logistics management systems to identify data elements and data element sources that meet the required visibility criteria.
• Identify and manage relationships with multiple interfaces and resources required to achieve project objectives.
• Review work products against functional criteria.
• Monitor software development progress against established milestones.
• Perform functional and technical analysis in defining and modeling current and projected NLAC application software capabilities.
• Act as the primary point of contact for the NLAC user community, providing technical assistance and training in the use of the NLAC application.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive NLAC user’s manual.
Required Skills and Abilities:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Looking for BS degree and 8 – 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Four plus years of experience can be substituted for degree.
• Applicant must have knowledge and experience with ammunition processes and Service APSRs as well as NLAC; a working knowledge of logistics management principles, concepts, policies and regulations; and demonstrated skills in ammo requests, receipt, storage, issue and inventory requirements.
• Frequently works with or leads other members of the project team.
• Responsible for requirements analysis and management - assess customer needs. Develop use cases and support software testing as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Document discussions, meetings and agreements
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10 years' experience in logistics management functions in an automated logistics environment
• Must have knowledge of life cycle support requirements
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with business process modeling and hands-on functional testing
• CMMI standards
• Applicant must have strong skills in:
o Written and oral communications
o Team Dynamics
o Time Management – ability to manage tasks and timelines
o Customer Satisfaction and interaction
Travel Requirement: Travel may be required.
Security Clearance Requirement: Candidates must have a minimum of a Secret Clearance to be considered for this position.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.