Leidos is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor to support a DoD web application software engineering project. This position will work on-site at the Chambersburg PA office with ability to telework occasionally when approved.
Technical Writer/Editor duties will include:
• Works with subject matter experts to write and edit technical documentation.
• Develops and incorporates document content with input from engineers.
• Produces documents and manage files within a controlled systems environment (workflow, permissions, versions, etc.).
• Creates meeting agenda’s and minutes.
• Assists in planning, developing, and editing operational procedures and manuals.
• Manages updates and revisions to technical documents.
• Assists in Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) best practices.
• Ability to accurately convey written information.
• Ability to work effectively as a team player with a willing attitude.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA degree
• Candidate must be eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance.
• Experience in Microsoft Tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Familiarity with MS SharePoint desirable.
• Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to create software design and engineering documents
• Ability to create easy-to-follow IT documentation for work product design
• Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work under tight deadlines is essential
• Goal oriented and self-motivated
• Candidate must have the ability to work independently or within a team environment
• Ability to learn, excel and deliver at a quick pace is required
• Must have good communication, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.