Natural Gas Utility Engineer
Natural Gas Utility Engineer---Novi MI
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are currently seeking a Natural Gas Utility Engineer design engineering experience for natural gas utilities. The candidate must have a strong background in gas utility distribution design work package development.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Perform detailed design of gas distribution systems. This work includes field engineering; completing applicable design calculations; preparation of installation drawings and specifications/notes for utility crews or third-party contractors; development of bills of materials and procurement documents; and development of material and construction cost estimates.
• Design and prepare independently, construction work orders related to facilities associated with gas distribution systems, including residential, commercial and industrial services, applying the prescribed industry and client standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
• Assist in the performance of engineering studies and permitting activities.
Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
• Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
• Additionally shall perform a variety of design related duties
• Typically requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Civil, Mechanical) or other from an accredited college or university or related engineering field and 2 - 4 years of gas distribution system design or a Master’s degree and less than 2 years of experience.
• Experience with computer applications and design software such as AutoCAD, CADWorx, MicroStation, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of gas system maps and alignment sheets
• Awareness of safety in the design, construction and operation of distribution systems
• Experience and familiarity with trenchless construction methods
• Familiarity of field procedures for construction, purging, packing, etc.
• Ability to work with multiple clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
• Have demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to job responsibilities
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• Ability to communicate well with team members and clients
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.