Software Integration Engineer
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Software Integration Engineer in Rockville, MD.
The position would involve using Amazon Web Services, Application specific web services, and other methods of integration to provide relevant data to users of NIAID’s intranet site from other NIAID systems.
• Integrate Drupal intranet system with other enterprise applications in a large environment.
• Creating Drupal modules to interface with other systems and display that systems outputs in Drupal content.
• Use Amazon Web Services, Application specific web services, and other methods of integration to provide relevant data to users of intranet site from other enterprise wide systems.
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Utilize DevOps principles to build and manage the software pipelines for development and deployment.
• Work within a team to consume and invoke the services and integration points from other teams to provide the relevant data from other system’s integration points.
• Demonstrates and applies strong technical hands on experience, leadership, and knowledge to develop high quality, resilient software, as an individual contributor, as part of a team or as the technical integration engineer.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent and 5 years of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate would have experience in:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
o Using AWS API Gateway in integrating separate systems
o AWS Lambda
o AWS ElasticSearch Services
o AWS EC2
o AWS IAM
o AWS IOT
- Using Terraform to build, deploy and test software and services in AWS
- Consuming web services provided by systems and applications from another system or application
o Creating Drupal Modules in PHP
o Using PHP to consume web services
- Working in a DevOps project
- Working in an agile scrum project
- Experience working in a very large environment
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.