Senior Oracle DBA (Top Secret Clearance)
Team members will collaborate on all activities to support systems engineering, integration, software capability/maintenance and related support services. Team members will be encouraged to adopt and implement industry-best practices and encouraged to explore the latest technology and most efficient practices.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to work independently while collaborating with other team members and external components in a complex environment. Join our team and shape positive innovation!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Database installation and administration
• Develop and administer codes and methods to monitor and report database availability and performance.
• Developing and maintaining system documentation including SOP, CONOPS, SSP, Request for Change (RFC), Authorized Service Interruption (ASI), Outage Notification (AO), capacity planning worksheet
• Document database architecture and update data models describing data elements and how they are used.
• Open and update technical support cases with Oracle support to resolve functional or security issues.
• Review and update database management system manuals.
• Performing the operating system and database software upgrades and patches.
• Performing threshold forecasting, sizing, capacity planning, and trend analysis.
• Performing the database tuning, migration, recovery, archival, and purging of data
• Configure data import, export, clustering, backup, retention, mirroring, replication and fail over solutions
• Maintaining, administering, developing, testing, planning and documenting changes to production environments.
• Ensuring FISMA and CATB requirements are met at the database level.
• Managing job and activity schedules to promote optimal performance, maximum availability and minimize data latency and data load duration.
• Plan and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database
• Provide technical advice to programmer analysts regarding time and costs required to update records in support of their projects.
• Modify existing databases and related management systems or inform programmers and analysts how to make changes.
• Working with developers to troubleshoot operational issues and ensure data integrity
• TS/SCI Security clearance
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• 5+ years experience as Oracle DBA
• Security+ or higher certification
• Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Plus, Toad, ERP Knowledge
• Knowledge of DISA security practices
• Solaris, RHEL and Windows Operating Systems
• Experience in commercial cloud environments (AWS, vSphere, OMCS)
• Experience in platform migration
• Experience in cloud migration
• Experience in Agile development
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.