Description: Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Northern Virginia area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The Data Scientist will be expected to build statistical models, test hypotheses, interpret, summarize, visualize, and succinctly report on data holdings. The Data Scientist will perform research on various data sources, to include unstructured data and social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) using quantitative and qualitative content analytics. The Data Scientist will plan, organize, arrange, and implement training and outreach activities for various projects and programs across the larger data science community within Leidos and our customers. The Data Scientist will construct and perform complex database search queries in multiple databases.
· Data manipulation, analytic/business insight tools, and data visualization experience
· Experience constructing and performing complex database search queries
· Experience/ knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, and experience/knowledge of programming and statistics
· Experience working with statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, R, or SAS)
· Experience/knowledge of social network and link analysis tools (e.g. NodeXL, Palantir, i2 Analyst’s Notebook)
· Experience working and successfully collaborating with IC all source analysts
· Ability to communicate technical findings to non-technical audiences
· Foreign language experience is a plus
· TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in related discipline and 8+ years’ experience, or master’s degree in fields such as mathematics, engineering, social sciences and 5+ years’ experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.